Duration: 2.5 hrs Primary Loop
Enjoy the city from the special view of an open-top bus, learning about both past and present. You can hop off the bus at multiple stops, all set at great attractions and neighborhoods. You control your stay at any stop. Then hop back on board another bus and continue your trip.
No Senior Pricing, Adult and Kid Only.
No Hotel Pickup.
No reservations needed, see details below.
- Big Bus’ primary red line loop tour goes over the Golden Gate Bridge and stops at the north end Vista Point for terrific views. Other key stops are located at or near: The Haight/Ashbury district, Victorian homes, Chinatown, North Beach, Union Square, Financial District, Golden Gate Park, City Hall, the Palace of Fine Arts, Lombard Street, and more.
- See Map Here
- Live Guides on every other bus.
- Recorded commentary in 10 languages is always available. English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese.
- Disposable headphones are included.
- Trade in your voucher from DiscoverTown Tours for a time-stamped ticket from Big Bus. This can be done with the driver at any stop or with the agents at Union Square on the NE corner of Geary and Powell or at the Big Bus Visitor Center at Stop #1, 99 Jefferson Street at Fisherman’s Wharf. Your ticket is activated when you first get on any bus. It will last the rest of that day.
- NO RESERVATIONS NEEDED. Buses run 10am – 5pm daily. Buses run every 20-30 minutes, or more often in summer. The complete loop lasts approximately 2.25 hours (with no hop-offs). You can start and finish the tour at any of the hop-on, hop-off bus stops.
- Mobile App with live bus arrival times
- Open top buses can be chilly! A backpack with extra layers is recommended. Including a skull cap!
- For extra tips to make the most of your trip, go here.