Duration: 2.5 hrs Primary Loop
Enjoy the city from the special view of an open-top bus, learning about both past and present. You can hop off the bus at multiple stops, all set at great attractions and neighborhoods. You control your stay at any stop. Then hop back on board another bus and continue your trip.
No Senior Pricing, Adult and Kid Only.
No Hotel Pickup.
No reservations needed, see details below.
- Big Bus’ primary red line loop tour goes over the Golden Gate Bridge and stops at the north end Vista Point for terrific views. Other key stops are located at or near: The Haight/Ashbury district, Victorian homes, Chinatown, North Beach, Union Square, Financial District, Golden Gate Park, City Hall, the Palace of Fine Arts, Lombard Street, and more.
- See Map Here
- Live Guides on every other bus.
- Recorded commentary in 10 languages is always available. English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese.
- Disposable headphones are included.
- Trade in your voucher from DiscoverTown Tours for a time-stamped ticket from Big Bus. This can be done with the driver at any stop or with the agents at Union Square on the NE corner of Geary and Powell or at the Big Bus Visitor Center at Stop #1, 99 Jefferson Street at Fisherman’s Wharf. Your ticket is activated when you first get on any bus. It will last the rest of that day.
- NO RESERVATIONS NEEDED. Buses run 10am – 5pm daily. Buses run every 20-30 minutes, or more often in summer. The complete loop lasts approximately 2.25 hours (with no hop-offs). You can start and finish the tour at any of the hop-on, hop-off bus stops.
- Mobile App with live bus arrival times
- 1-Hour City at Night Tour included: Pass through Embarcadero, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, and the Financial District before crossing the Bay Bridge for great skyline views at Treasure Island.
- City at Night Tour starts at 6:30 pm -- on a first-come, first-served basis. Please arrive 20-30 minutes before the tour departs. This loop IS NOT a hop-on, hop-off tour.
- Open top buses can be chilly. Especially at night! A backpack with extra layers is recommended. Including a skull cap!
- For extra tips to make the most of the primary loop, go here.
- Runs two hours, beginning only from Stop #1, Pier 41 at Fisherman’s Wharf. Departs nightly at 6:30pm and 7:00pm. Please arrive 20-30 minutes (or more) before your preferred tour. A courtesy shuttle back to Union Square is provided at the end of the tour. Dress for cool weather.
- If the Night Tour is your first bus, then your 2 day timing will begin the next morning.
- Discover the beauty of SF as it lights up in the evening on our San Francisco Night Tour by bus. The tour makes its way through the financial district and across the Bay Bridge, where you’ll stop for the spectacular view of the city skyline from Treasure Island, site of the 1939 World Fair. Heading back into the city, the tour will continue along the Embarcadero to view the glittering lights along the Port of San Francisco.
Free Bike Rental
Rent for 1 hour, get 1 hour free.
Blazing Saddles offers Big Bus Tours customers 1 hour free with the purchase of a 1-hour bike rental. This deal is available from any Blazing Saddles shop, where the team will equip you with all the necessary gear and explain how to make the most of cycling in San Francisco.