Payments and Security
All tours require credit card payment in full.
For security purposes, credit card information is not collected or saved by DiscoverTown.com. All processing happens through a 3rd party credit card processor – Stripe.com.
Stripe is a certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available. Stripe forces HTTPS for all services, including its public website. Stripe uses HSTS to ensure browsers interact with Stripe only over HTTPS. All card numbers are encrypted. Decryption keys are stored on separate machines. None of Stripe’s internal servers and daemons are able to obtain plaintext card numbers. Stripe’s infrastructure for storing, decrypting, and transmitting card numbers runs in separate hosting infrastructure, and doesn’t share any credentials with Stripe’s primary services (API, website, etc.). For more details see https://stripe.com/docs/security.
Receipt and Voucher
You will receive 2 emails from DiscoverTown Tours.
You will automatically receive an email receipt confirming your credit card charge immediately after submitting your order. If you do not receive an email receipt within 2 hours, call 415-424-8188 or send an email to email@example.com and we will send a manually generated duplicate.
Following your purchase and the issuance of a receipt, we will contact the tour provider and confirm your order within 24-48 hours. Only in very rare cases are tours overbooked. Your confirmation will come as an email Voucher that you will need to print out on paper. All tour providers except Alcatraz Cruises will collect this printed Voucher.
If you have purchased a combination tour package that includes Alcatraz, please note:
- Your Alcatraz tickets are subtracted from an allotment that DiscoverTown Tours has already reserved. Therefore, at time of purchase your Alcatraz component is confirmed. It will not change.
- For the Alcatraz component at Pier 33, you will still need to present a copy of the Voucher for your group. However, your Voucher can be either printed on paper or shown on a phone or tablet – as Alcatraz Cruises will not collect this receipt, but will ask to see it. You are responsible for bringing an electronic or printed Voucher to Alcatraz Cruises at Pier 33. You are further responsible for ensuring that all guests over age 18 can provide Alcatraz Cruises with a government issued ID for verification against the names your provide at time of checkout on discovertown.com.
- Minors under the age of 18 are not allowed to visit Alcatraz Island, unless accompanied by an adult. Minors must be supervised at all times while visiting Alcatraz Island, Alcatraz Landing and while onboard Alcatraz Cruises vessels, and as such, by purchasing an Alcatraz Package, you expressly agree that all Minors under age 18 will be accompanied by an Adult.
- There are no refunds or exchanges for Alcatraz Packages unless the second component of your package is unavailable. This is an exceptionally rare occurrence, if ever. Big Bus or the Red & White Fleet Bay Cruise do not sell out and Alcatraz Packages that include these options will not face this possibility at all. If the other component of your Alcatraz package is unavailable, you will be offered a chance to choose another tour, with the cost difference adjusted accordingly, or you will have the opportunity to cancel your order with a full refund and your Alcatraz tickets will be placed back into our inventory for sale to other guests. In all other circumstances there are no refunds or exchanges for Alcatraz Packages.
Neither DiscoverTown Tours nor the tour provider is responsible for delays or missed tours if you do not print your Voucher in advance of a hotel pick up or arrival at your tour provider’s location.
Nonetheless, once you have received your Voucher confirmation, your name and group reservation will be in the tour provider’s computer system. This may allow for adaptations, depending on circumstances, but there is still NO GUARANTEE that you will be able to attend the tour without the printed voucher. You are responsible for bringing a printed voucher to your non-Alcatraz tour provider.
Again, per the information above, there are no refunds or exchanges for Alcatraz Packages except in the highly unlikely event that the second component of your package is unavailable. Alcatraz departure times cannot be changed.
For all tours, there are no refunds for missed tours. There are no refunds for tours not used.
For Non-Alcatraz Packages:
- 100% Refund for Cancellations made up to 10 days before scheduled departure
- A 25% fee will be charged for Cancellations made between 7 and 9 days before scheduled departure
- A 50% fee will be charged for Cancellations made between 3 and 6 days before scheduled departure
- No Refunds will be given for Cancellations within 48 hours before scheduled departure
- No Refunds will be given if you do not show up on time for your confirmed tour date. For late arrivals, it is up to the discretion of the tour provider if they can accommodate you for another time. All summer long and during holiday periods this may not be possible.
For all tours, no refund will be given to customers who do not agree to follow rules the regulations of the tour provider, including requirements to wear a seat belt in small vehicles (including Woods & Wine, Sonoma & Napa Wine Education Tour, and Yosemite).
If a tour provider cancels a tour for reasons that may include foul weather, load requirements, or other unforeseen reasons, a 100% refund will be issued. All tour providers reserve the right to cancel tours. DiscoverTown Tours is not responsible for tour cancellations or modifications due to weather, road conditions, vehicle problems, or other unforeseen circumstances that affect the tour occurring as scheduled. If a tour is cancelled for reasons attributable to the provider, including not meeting a minimum number of guests, DiscoverTown Tours will refund 100% of the cost of the tour but we are not liable for any additional expenses.
All tour providers have there own terms and conditions. For example, Alcatraz Cruises states that:
“(Alcatraz Cruises reserves) the right at anytime to cancel tours, change departure & arrival times. Only cancelled tours are subject to refund, less any service charge, with no further amount than the face value of the ticket available for compensation. No suit, action, or proceeding against Alcatraz Cruises LLC or its parent, affiliates or contractors, or against the vessels, agents, crew or employees of any of the foregoing entities, shall be maintainable for loss of life or bodily injury to any passenger unless written notice of claim be delivered to Alcatraz Cruises within six months from the day when the death or injury occurred. It is agreed by and between the passenger and Alcatraz Cruises LLC that all disputes and matters, whatsoever, including, but not limited, to those involving personal injury or death of passenger, which arise under, in connection with or incidental to the Ticket or the voyage shall be adjudicated, if at all, in and before a court of competent jurisdiction located in San Francisco, California to the exclusion of the courts of any other county, state, or country. The license granted herein is revocable upon refunding to passenger the Ticket price. Submitting an order in person, via telephone, online or via fax indicates your agreement to these terms and conditions.”
Other tour providers will have similar standard provisions that are activated by default when you purchase their product and take their tour.
DiscoverTown Tours provides booking services and/or tour resale. As a customer, you agree that DiscoverTown Tours is collecting fees for these services or products even if you do not redeem any or all of the tours/products purchased.
The information and software published on discovertown.com may include inaccurate information, including pricing errors. DiscoverTown Tours does not guarantee the accuracy of information contained at discovertown.com. DiscoverTown Tours disclaims all liability for any errors or inaccuracies displayed on discovertown.com (including, without limitation, pricing, product descriptions, and images. Edits or changes to the discovertown.com may be made at any time. In addition, DiscoverTown Tours reserves the right to correct any errors with regard to prices or pending reservations, but in so doing will offer customers the option of either keeping pending reservations at the corrected price or cancelling pending reservations for a 100% refund.
Tour providers are independent contractors and not agents or employees of DiscoverTown Tours, which has no liability and will make no refund in the event of any delay, cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or other causes beyond the direct control of DiscoverTown Tours. DiscoverTown Tours has no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority.